.

Our first post was 8th November 2008 since when we have had 42,000 different visitors from 107 countries.

This website is yours and you have made it the interest it is by sharing your memories with us all.

Please continue to send us photos and memories of Wateringbury for new generations to enjoy and see how the village once was.

Please send us your memories no matter how small. Either send them by the contact form or directly to me by email at john.gilham@mail.com

.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Village People

From the personal photo collection of Mrs Helen Long is a photo containing many names I knew in the 1950's showing Helen at the rear third from the left.
Helen loved the village and was well known. When I was at primary school Helen was the caretaker and dinner lady and lived at the school with her husband and son John.
On the back of this photo helen has written many of the names which I will do my best to get in the correct order though the position is a little tricky, if I have them wrong please let me know.
Also if you can add any names or know what the event was that would also be great. Noted as the Village Hall by Helens Grandaughter I am not sure this could be Wateringbury village hall as this looks to be brick built which the old Wateringbury hall was not. Tom McKirdy suggests it may be the old Working Mens Club Room as he remembers going there with the school to sing for a group of elderly ladies which has jogged my memory as I did thae same but country dancing!!
Photo courtesy of Ruth Jones from the collection of Helen Long
Mrs Kent - Mrs Oldrine - Mrs Helen Long
Mrs Cronk - Mr Cronk - Mr Stolton - Mr Bennett - John Brooks - Mrs English - Mrs Skinner
Mrs Randall - Mrs Clews - Mrs Styles
Mrs Bennet - Mrs French - Mrs Cole
Miss Chapman - Miss Chapman - Mrs Tompsett -
Mr & Mrs ?? - Mrs Stolton - Mrs Cowlard - Mrs Shrubsole - Mr & Mrs Cheeseman - Miss Mansel - Miss Cale

1 comment:

Louise Hodges said...

Mrs Cowlard was my Great Grandmother x