.

Our first post was 8th November 2008 since when we have had 42,000 different visitors from 107 countries.

This website is yours and you have made it the interest it is by sharing your memories with us all.

Please continue to send us photos and memories of Wateringbury for new generations to enjoy and see how the village once was.

Please send us your memories no matter how small. Either send them by the contact form or directly to me by email at john.gilham@mail.com

.

Monday, November 07, 2016

Outside 61 Bow Road Wateringbury - Mid 1930's

Dail kindly reminded me of a photo I in fact had myself. It was taken outside of number 61 Bow Road, a lovely little cottage. It is from the mid 1930's and is of my Mum, Teresa Morgan who lived just a few doors away in New Cottages Bow Road at the time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely photo this is. My partner and I have recently bought this cottage and are very keen to know more about it and the people who lived here. Any other photos or info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Melissa and Steve X

Anonymous said...

What a lovely photo! My partner and I have recently bought this cottage and would love to know more about the cottage and the people who lived in it over the years. Any other photos or information would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Melissa and Steve

John Gilham said...

Hi, Lovely to hear you have moved into this cottage. The girl in the photo is my mum when she was around 16 years of age in around 1938. At the time she lived in New Cottages which are at the top of the drive next door but one to your cottage on the left hand side. There is more information on the website as to who lived in the cottage in previous years which I will attempt to dig out for you when I get back in the uk (away from the uk currently) please keep watching. Kind Regards John

Anonymous said...

Thank you John for taking the time to respond! How interesting, look forward to learning more, enjoy your time away
Kind regards Melissa

Trevor Barnes said...

Oh that's amazing I remember your mum very fondly John regards Trevor