.

Our first post was 8th November 2008 since when we have had 42,000 different visitors from 107 countries.

This website is yours and you have made it the interest it is by sharing your memories with us all.

Please continue to send us photos and memories of Wateringbury for new generations to enjoy and see how the village once was.

Please send us your memories no matter how small. Either send them by the contact form or directly to me by email at john.gilham@mail.com

.

Monday, July 05, 2010

Glebe Meadow 1972



A recent mail from Gary Randall gave us some great photos to publish. Gary wrote:-

"My Parents (Rene & Alf  "Chubby") along with my two Sisters (Julie aged 6 & Pauline 2 weeks old) moved into No 3 Glebe Meadow on 22nd July 1968, we moved from No 4 Malthouse Cottages, where we were all born, my Dad worked for Whitbread but was made redundant so we had to move from the tied cottage, my Mum still lives at No 3 to this day, my two sisters and I have all moved away, but I still have connections with the village, not only visiting my Mum but I work in the village as one of the village Postie's and have done since 1986 when Mr Barnes (the then Sub Postmaster) offered me a job for two weeks, 24 years later I'm still there, I guess I like the job.
I went through my Mum's photos and found a few that you might want to add to the site, I've also found a school photo taken in 1976, this was the year the new school was opened, I went there for six months before leaving in the July to start at Clare Park in East Malling in September of 76"


Photo Courtesy of Gary Randall



Gary sends this photo taken around 1972 ish, in the front garden of No 2 Glebe Meadow, (Tom & Joan Newick's house) from top left, Pauline Randall, John Newick, Patricia Newick, Gary Randall (me) Julie Ranadall.