.

Our first post was 8th November 2008 since when we have had 42,000 different visitors from 107 countries.

This website is yours and you have made it the interest it is by sharing your memories with us all.

Please continue to send us photos and memories of Wateringbury for new generations to enjoy and see how the village once was.

Please send us your memories no matter how small. Either send them by the contact form or directly to me by email at john.gilham@mail.com

.

Friday, April 08, 2011

Floods of 1968

Steve Latter writes:-
This picture was taken from Daisy Latter's house, my grandmother, by myself. I think the year was 1967/68 It shows the flood right up the Telegraph public house in Bow road. Hope this is of some interest.
I think this would have been 1968 as I remember the height of the flood that year. 
My father was working in East Peckham and was marooned on Bram bridges in his car all night on this occasion. 
Bill Green would have been the landlord of the Telegraph at the time and possibly him seen here at the upstairs window.
Thanks Steve for a brilliant photo of both the flood and the Telegraph.