.

Our first post was 8th November 2008 since when we have had 42,000 different visitors from 107 countries.

This website is yours and you have made it the interest it is by sharing your memories with us all.

Please continue to send us photos and memories of Wateringbury for new generations to enjoy and see how the village once was.

Please send us your memories no matter how small. Either send them by the contact form or directly to me by email at john.gilham@mail.com

.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

The Telegraph - Wateringbury - Landlord Bill Green - Business Card


I had my first half of bitter from this pub at a young age in the late 1960’s
Bill Green was the landlord and he always said the only way he was leaving the pub was to be carried out in his coffin, and that is how he left. 

1 comment:

Toby Green said...

Hello - Thank you for posting this. I like the image of the landlord staying until the bitter end, but this is not exactly what occurred. I understand the brewery closed the pub in Feb'72,forcing him to retire. He was my grandfather, and I was not born when the pub shut, but I do remember him and his blue mobility car. I know the pub was empty for years after he had to move out, but can't remember when it was knocked down. Thanks