.

Our first post was 8th November 2008 since when we have had 42,000 different visitors from 107 countries.

This website is yours and you have made it the interest it is by sharing your memories with us all.

Please continue to send us photos and memories of Wateringbury for new generations to enjoy and see how the village once was.

Please send us your memories no matter how small. Either send them by the contact form or directly to me by email at john.gilham@mail.com

.

Thursday, October 08, 2020

John Long and Wateringbury School on Red Hill.

Clive Long sent us the following:  

My dad was born there and grew up in the school house with my nan and grandpa until he went off to join the Royal Air force. My siblings and I spent a lot of time there during holidays and I even attended the school its self for a couple of terms.

Here is my father's service record, as one of Wateringburys own, I feel very happy to share this as it's another great example of achievement from a small community.

 


There are many references to Clive's father John Long and his family on the website and some can be found on this link:-

https://wateringbury.blogspot.com/search?q=Long



1 comment:

jagracer said...

I remember the name and am sure I remember him as I went to the village school. A long time ago, and my Aunt, Nora Thorne was friends with Mrs Long. I think we moved to Eastbourne in 1954.We lived in 12, Glebe road.