.

Our first post was 8th November 2008 since when we have had 42,000 different visitors from 107 countries.

This website is yours and you have made it the interest it is by sharing your memories with us all.

Please continue to send us photos and memories of Wateringbury for new generations to enjoy and see how the village once was.

Please send us your memories no matter how small. Either send them by the contact form or directly to me by email at john.gilham@mail.com

.

Saturday, May 08, 2021

New Cottages, Bow Road Wateringbury

Dail Whiting kindly sent the below photo asking if I recognised the house as New Cottages on Bow Road as it is a photo of her Grandfather, Grandmother and five of their youngest children taken around 1917.

 


This was a very interesting photo and question as I lived in the house next door (the front door partially shown on the right of the picture) between 1953 when I was born to 1960 when my Grandfather died and we had to move out as it was a tied cottage owned by the brewery.
The below photo is of me and my Grandfather outside the same house in 1958. The house was then occupied by Jim & Glad Smith and their two sons Roger and Peter.




No comments: