.

Our first post was 8th November 2008 since when we have had 42,000 different visitors from 107 countries.

This website is yours and you have made it the interest it is by sharing your memories with us all.

Please continue to send us photos and memories of Wateringbury for new generations to enjoy and see how the village once was.

Please send us your memories no matter how small. Either send them by the contact form or directly to me by email at john.gilham@mail.com

.

Thursday, December 29, 2022

The Phoenix Brewery 1976 - Courtesy of Kent Messenger - KentOnline

 


A photo from Kent Messenger - KentOnline Classic Pictures from the 1970's

All three names that were so familiar to me growing up in Wateringbury during the 1950/60's

3 comments:

Wayne Goodwin said...

Mum and dad were good friends with Vera as they both worked with her at the brewery at one point, I remember going to Vera’s as a child and drinking more fizzy pop than was probably healthy!!

Wayne Goodwin said...

Mum and dad were good friends with Vera as they both worked with her at the brewery at one point, I remember going to Vera’s as a child and drinking more fizzy pop than was probably healthy!!

Unknown said...

I recognize all of these ladies as my Dad worked at the brewery and we lived in phoenix cottages. My brother and I went to Nettlestead school in the 1950's