.

Our first post was 8th November 2008 since when we have had 42,000 different visitors from 107 countries.

This website is yours and you have made it the interest it is by sharing your memories with us all.

Please continue to send us photos and memories of Wateringbury for new generations to enjoy and see how the village once was.

Please send us your memories no matter how small. Either send them by the contact form or directly to me by email at john.gilham@mail.com

.

Monday, March 06, 2023

Coach Outing from the Telegraph Public House 1952

Another Gem from Colin Brotherwood, lots of names and faces that I personally remember well:

Coach Outing from the Telegraph Public House 1952

This battered photo was in the possession of my Aunt Doris Brotherwood. She gave it to me for my family tree folder. It was folded up in about 3 places hence the crease marks on it. When my father Lionel was alive he named quite a few people. So I scanned it and filled some names in. 

I thought I’d share it as someone else might be able to fill in a few more names.

Colin

Sadly I have been asked to remove some people from the photograph which I have done and updated below.


Click the picture to enlarge it

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW What a fantastic photo! Love finding these little gems online.
My Grandad is Fred Norton
Next to him is Elsie Norton Fred's wife - My Nan
Then next to Mrs Cheeseman if that is right as she looks very much like my Grandad's Mum, is Mrs Morgan which is Elsie's Mum My Great Nan
This photo was taken the year before my Dad came along!
Thanks for posting

John Gilham said...

Oh well thank you for this comment.
Fred and Elsie Norton of Nettlestead were related to my Mum who was Teresa Morgan. They had a son Adrian who was my cousin. Lots of questions so please email me directly with your family as we are probably related John.gilham@mail.com